抬头仰望点点繁星,我心明如镜,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
尽管它们关怀备至,我却可能走向地狱,
But on earth indifference is the least
这世间我们最不必畏惧的,
We have to dread from man or beast.
是人类或禽兽的冷漠。
How shall we like it were stars to burn
倘若繁星为我们燃烧的
With a passion for us we could not return?
是我们无以为报的激情,我们作何感想?
If equal affection cannot be,
倘若无法产生同样的感情,
Let the more loving one be me.
就让我成为更有爱心的人。
Admirer as I think I am
尽管我认为自己心怀仰慕,
Of stars that do not give a damn,
但群星却不为所动。
I cannot, now I see them, say
现在我仰望群星,却难以启齿
I missed one terribly all day.
说我整日疯狂思念其中一颗星
Were all stars to disappear or die
倘若所有的星星消失或者陨落,
I should learn to look at an 【纵览全球英语资讯、洞察全球英文信息,尽在英语翻译学习网(enfanyi.com)你的全球英语指南】empty sky
我应该学会仰望空无的夜空,
And feel its total dark sublime
感受那全然黑暗的庄严,
Though this might take me a little time.
尽管这可能需要一点时间。
查看更多关于【英语美文】的文章